Thursday, May 15, 2008

and the journey continues........


So, About 5 days ago, I arrived at my "farm". With only a couple problems. The main one being that no one was there to pick me up. So, i quickly made a friend and he let me use his phone book...and telephone....because apparently the number I had was incorrect. Luckily, Pascale came to get me and ever since I have been VERY happily installed at their house. Well, not exactly. I live in the "pigeonnier" or the pigeon house. It's very cute. To the left of this page is where I live. (this picture was taken by Christian Combaceau) Their are LOTS of spiders there...I have been learning how to combat them. there have been parties pretty much every night since I've been here. Apparently the weekend that I chose to come to France had LOTS of holidays....so...no work! I met tons of Christian's and Pascale's friends and was pretty much lost for the most part in conversation. But luckily....I feel like I've had a break-through and I can now understand very rapid speech and I think that my French has improved a lot already. I LOVE french dinners! I have been eating sooo well here. (it helps that Christian used to be a professional cook). The dinners a usually pretty long...a couple hours for lunch and then sometimes more for dinner. Always, with wine of course. Christian says that I'm a true French woman because I love French cheese and I love French wine. There is another woofer that's here. His name is Dave. He just got here two days ago and proceeded to sleep for 16 hours! Gotta love jet lag. He's really nice and I think by talking to him in French I have been getting better with it. Today, we didn't really do anything special. Just worked in the garden and after that Dave and I took the donkeys for a walk. Well, that's all for now. Will post more when something exciting happens.
donc, a bientot!
Kelly
http://www.perigord.com/gite-lefalgueyret/accueil2.htm

4 comments:

Scott said...

This just in: American woman loose in the French countryside, killing all spiders in her path. Arme Blindée cavalerie is standing by in case situation becomes more serious.

Krista said...

Well Kelly what can I say? You were suppose to get over your spider phobia in Texas. Since that didn't happen, :) you have been given this greater hurdle to overcome!!! I will pray for you.
Dad arrived in Portland today, Thursday, Cade has not arrived yet! This was not suppose to work out like this! I will keep you posted mom

Krista said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLY!!!! We Miss You! -Krista and Mom

Kari said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope you are having so much fun! It thundered in California today. First time! Can't wait to see you.